Friday, March 12, 2010

Gray/Not-Gray

It's that time of year - no longer winter, mostly, and definitely not spring. You could call it mud season, but today I'd rather call it Gray Season. Today it's overcast; it's supposed to drizzle and rain and sleet and snow and generally be crappy through the weekend. I took today off because my car needs brake work and new tires, so I have a three-day weekend. I'd really rather have a sunny, warm, spring-like weekend, but no, I get Gray Season. Or, if you'd prefer, Grey Season.

And since lots of other things feel a little crappy in my life right now, I decided to inject a little color. Lots of color, I hope, because my fiber life is lacking color right now. My weaving is stalled after the gorgeous rag rug of the Ravelympics, I'm spinning the endless, endless gray Corriedale/Border Leicester fleece I started last September, and I'm knitting a medium blue Citron from Stonesthrow Farm Cormo/young mohair. Jenny commented last weekend that the Citron was barely visible against the blue sweater and jeans I had on.

BlueOnBlue

See?

So, color - I need it. Red, preferably.

I thought I'd blog a good bit this weekend as I play with color, so stay tuned. First, however, I'm off to deal with the car, with boring blue Citron along to entertain me.

2 comments :

etherknitter said...

Boring? Blue? In the same sentence? I don't THINK so.

Manise said...

I second Laurie's comment.