The warp - worsted-weight Bartlett 2-ply - is chained and ready to be sleyed on the reed for the wool throws.
The weft - my handspun 2-ply, from a Romney fleece - is ready to go.
I even sampled a little - so unlike me! - and that was a good idea.
From this sample, I learned which treadling patterns worked and which ones didn't in this yarn. I learned that my little 4-inch-long bobbins don't hold squat for weft of this weight, so I'm going to use a rug shuttle. I used a floating selvedge on the sample, but I think I'll pair the floating selvedge with a heavy, smooth cotton yarn for the throws (and pull out the cotton after the fabric's off the loom), because I think it'll help make the edges neater. I learned I should beat a little less hard, because my thick handspun overwhelms the Bartlett warp, as seen here on the back of the sample.
But I'm not going to begin to sley the warp yet, because this...
needs to be finished. Tonight I gird my loins and get down to some serious fringe-twisting!