Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Too Hot

It's too hot to work on my Sloane Pullover. It's too hot to decide what to do with all that Ashland Bay fiber in my last post. I have no mind left. All I've been able to cope with is...brown.


Photobucket

I have produced four enormous and two piddly skeins of this, and still there's more and more and more. Really, sheep should be smaller. If there are dwarf sheep in the world, I want a flock. Nice little two or three-pound fleeces, pre-washing - that's what I want. Remind me of this when I start lusting after some 12-pound Merino fleece at Rhinebeck, will ya?

So what's a knitter to do in this heat?

Why, cast on, of course! And since it's Jillian's birthday, as let slip by Amy, I am going to celebrate appropriately.

Photobucket

This is the yarn for my Boo, Too*. I'm finally going to swatch tonight. If there's a beer left in the fridge, it's coming with me. Onward!

Oh, and for all of you who follow this blog because I chase dragonflies (what? nobody?), here's a pic of an Eastern Forktail damselfly in my backyard. He's all of an inch long (yes, it's definitely a male). Gorgeous creature!

Photobucket

*Does that look like enough yarn for a jacket? I'm worried...

3 comments :

Trillian42 said...

Pretty spinning, and I love the colors for Boo Too - can't wait to see how it comes out!

And squee! Dragonfly! I love them!

Bezzie said...

Whew. That's a lot of brown.

Hmmm..I don't know how big your balls are to make a judgment call on the BooToo.

Marcy said...

You want littler fleeces? Why, Icelandics, of course! Bitty.