Thursday, November 22, 2007

After Putting in the Turkey, Before Baking Pumpkin Pie

I'm blogging a little, since all is quiet on the Thanksgiving front here, at least till 4 or so when Earle gets home from work and cooking revs into high gear.

So, about that weaving - here's the rayon chenille warp I put on my loaner loom last Saturday afternoon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here are the two six-foot scarves I finished last night.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Woot! Pretty! Take a closer look at the random walk twill on one of these. I like it, I like it! It reminds me of river currents, especially in these colors. I made this twill pattern up as I went along, and I enjoyed the freedom this gave me to create (a little) as I went along.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You know, I just may have pulled out the rigid heddle loom Earle gave me two Christmases ago, right after finishing these scarves. I just may have pulled out seven cones of Harrisville Highland wool from my stash (what, you don't stash in prep for possible future obsessions?! what's wrong with you?) and chosen five colors to use in a scarf for the long-suffering Earle. I just may have measured off the warp late last night and I just may have threaded the warp on the rigid heddle loom. For that matter, I just may be waiting impatiently for a reply to the email I sent to a seller on Craigslist, who is selling a 6-treadle LeClerc loom three towns over, for only $100. Not that I'm obsessed or anything. Not me.

And if you're really good, I'll show you the new warp tomorrow, the yarn and my patience willing.

1 comment :

Elizabeth said...

It's really beautiful. Looks like a new obsession. And a good one, too.