Sunday, November 25, 2007

November Blooms

As Elizabeth commented, the Harrisville Highland yarn did indeed bloom when I washed my finished scarf - in very hot water and Eucalan, with a good bit of scrunching, should you care about the details. Look!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Very, very nice. Not Malabrigo-soft, but I don't care. The selvedges turned out beautifully and I love the misty, pointillist quality of the yarns in close-up.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alas, the weaving class has come to the official end, at least for me. I thought there was one more project to come, based on a comment of Donna's but I think when she mentioned something about a third warp, it was because she can read this obsessive mind of mine and she knew I would continue weaving. Luckily for me, the rest of the class is not nearly so obsessive and thus are not yet finished with their chenille scarves, so Donna is going to let me continue to borrow the loom, at least till January (minus this week, when she needs it for a demonstration). Yay! I am plotting something big (like a seamed blanket) and excessive (because I'm an obsessive over-achiever), but at least I'm planning on using up lots of stash as weft (I hope). As for the rigid heddle loom, well, I'm going to try using some Elsebeth Lavold Cotton patine as warp for a big runner/wrap/scarf thingy - I'm not sure how it will work, but it's fascinating to me, nonetheless.

2 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful! And either a lot faster than knitting, or you haven't slept much in the past few days.

Anonymous said...

This almost makes me want to weave. Just lovely.