Monday, May 12, 2008

Blogging Make-Believe

I thought about blogging tonight, but I'd really rather cast on for something new. You see, I finished the giant afghan ...

[insert out-of-focus photo here, of entire bed covered with red and blue stripes]

and I've knit 60", slightly stretched, of the scrumptious kid mohair Road Not Taken scarf (and I still have one and a third of a ball left, when my math indicated I'd need two balls; interesting) ...

[insert fuzzy photo of fuzzy scarf here]

and I finished a tedious, long, stressful, boring project at work today ...

[insert map of dragonfly habitat here, all across Massachusetts]

and I'm tired from chasing dragonflies yesterday with friends.

[insert slightly tilted photo here, of tired friends eating ice cream after dragonfly chasing]

I'm going to go cast on something new instead of blogging. Maybe two somethings new - Elizabeth's Sloane Pullover, which I just downloaded, if the appropriate yarn and needles are in my stash (whaddaya wanna bet they are?) and Jillian's Boo, Too, which I loved when it was in Knitty and when I saw Jillian wear it at Rhinebeck and I still love it now that it's published in More Big Girl Knits. I know I have the yarn for that - half is my handspun, half I bought at WEBS (where I put it all is another question).

So, I'm not going to blog tonight at all. You're just going to have to cope without me.

2 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Yeah Lynn, good luck with that! ;)

I bet you have some suitable yarn in your stash. Any worsted weight will do if it looks nice in a cable. And do let me know if anything doesn't seem right.

Bezzie said...

Ooo..it's like [insert funny blog comment here]!!!