Sunday, March 19, 2006

To the Big City!

Woot! Yesterday I took the train, the Green Line, and the Red Line, all to meet up with six Knittyheads at the Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel in downtown Boston. I got to meet Kirsti, Stariel, polarg, bitterknitter, bryghtrose, and Joanna. They really exist! They're nice! They all knit socks! (fancy that)

We went to Newbury Yarns, where I bought a small souvenir of my trip (see below), walked up and down Newbury Street in a futile search for a cafe with enough room for 7 knitters, and then to Windsor Button, where I bought buttons for my Sunrise Circle Jacket. Alas, then I had to leave to catch the T and train home. And I'm afraid I didn't quite have the courage to take photos of everyone and everywhere, but you can see them all on Stariel's blog.

But look - my souvenir: Let's see that a little closer, it's such nice stuff.
And the buttons:
Fun, fun, fun. It's really nice to know there are other knitterly nuts like me in the world.

3 comments :

Jerry & Maxy said...

That must have been a fun day. All you knittyheads in one place! Sweet bounty too.

Jennifer said...

It was so great to meet you! We'll definitely have to plan a WEBS trip soon!

bitterknitter said...

Those buttons are great. I love the shape!