Thursday, May 25, 2006

Reading the Signs

I tried, really, I did try to cast on the laceweight cashmere, but I didn't have the right size circular. Which is strange because I must have maybe a hundred or so circulars, having been the recipient of many from my mother and her friends.

So I put off casting on the cashmere - mistake #1. Instead, I frogged the purple Pima Tencel and recast on 256 stitches, started the ribbing on the purl stitch, worked two sections of the lace correctly (meaning, knit all stitches), got half-way through round two, when - bingo!

Mistake #2: I twisted before joining. Twice, in fact. And I checked for twisting, I really did. I could just spit! So I frogged again (the yarn getting just a wee fuzzy by now).

And, having fortified myself with a 32" size 4 Addi today at my LYS, I am casting on the cashmere. As I should have done last night. I should pay attention to these signs from the Knitting Gourdnesses.

Goal: Fiddlesticks Knitting's Peacock Feathers Shawl, in laceweight cashmere, from Colourmart, in the color Everglades. Estimated Time of Arrival: Yeah, right.

No comments :