Sunday, April 06, 2008

What is Wrong with Me?

So, I live an hour from WEBS, I'm there all the time (at least once a month) - what is wrong with me that I have not the slightest interest in buying any of the lovely stuff they have on sale right now? Normally, I'd be making lists of what patterns take how much yarn and dreaming up new patterns to buy yarn for, and they even have some weaving yarns on sale - you'd think since I just started weaving, I'd want to buy lots of coned yarn, but no. I'm not interested. There are no lists and charts and graphs scattered about. Do I need drugs?

Or is it that I already have waaay too much yarn already? And thank the gourds nobody's pregnant this year to knit for (5 or 6 babies last year, I've lost track). Or is it just that it's been a long hard winter and I've had too much work to do and my elbow hurts from spinning and when I knit (yes, I still knit), my fingertips start tingling, and all three of my looms have something going on, and I'm just sated? Is this what contentment is?

It sure doesn't feel like contentment.

Here's a pic of what's being threaded on the 8-harness loom:

Photobucket

It'll be a fancy twill runner - blue and yellow stripes in the warp, with a white weft, I think. It'll go with my dishes. It's bright and spring-like and cheery.

Back to mal-contentedness... I am so restless. I want sunny days - it's sooo gray here right now. I want warmth - it's raw out. I want a cleaned-up and cleaned-out household. I want, I want, I want.

I want to be a grown-up and know what I want.

While I'm at it, I don't want to be getting old either (I'm 54).

I think I need to go play with my friends - not my friend-substitutes (yarn, fiber), but real friends. Enough whining on the blog for today.

7 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Well, the hand thing sounds like CTS. It's a drag.

I, too, want a purged household, a cleaned-up yard, open windows, fresh air.

At least we had a wonderfully sunny weekend. Maybe our weather will be reaching you in the next day or two.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I know how you feel, only that I'm in South Florida and have 24/7/365 of the sun, I need what you want in reverse, go out an play with grown ups, have fun . ;)

Batty said...

I don't know why you don't feel like buying yarn, but I know I don't always get tempted by sales (and some of the times I did, I so wish I hadn't!). I usually buy yarn with a project in mind, so when it's just a sale and the yarn doesn't fascinate me with its beauty, I feel kind of 'meh'.

Meg said...

Not interested in yarns? Must be a moment of sanity!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants a clean house; I've wanted that for a couple of years now but somehow that and work don't go hand in hand!!

Lisa said...

In response to your comment on Abby's blog about SOAR and your elbow--go to SOAR, and someone will surely be able to sit down with you and watch what you're doing and give you some advice. And even if that doesn't help, you'll soak up some wonderful fiber atmosphere.

(I'll come back and read your blog later--I'm busy with Abby's ;-) ) Too many blogs, not enough time, and I can't keep track of which ones I like the best. But this one will get bookmarked!

Anonymous said...

Mom and I will meet you at WEBS in a couple of weeks...then you will be swept up in our thrill of fiber.

Anonymous said...

Yup, Lynne, a biologist. I've been kicking myself for years for letting "sensible adults" talk me out of it when I was younger. I'm tired to death of being sensible.