Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 71

I started weaving the plainweave warp.



The colors are somewhere in between these two shots, one with and one without flash.

It's shocking to realize that I wound this warp (well, almost all of it; I added more once I had it sleyed) on Sunday and have worked every night since getting it sleyed, threaded, wound on, and finally tied on tonight.  It was a little fussy, because I had 6 or 7 bouts of wool criss-crossing each other in front of the reed, so it snagged a good bit while winding on.  Plus, I sleyed and then re-sleyed, to get the width and color distribution I wanted.  It's discouraging to see how long it takes to get even a simple, 21-inch-wide, 2 ends/dent in a 10-dent reed, 5-yard-long warp up and running.

On the other hand, I like the fabric it's making.  I'm weaving it off with a thin dark green wool millend yarn, something nameless but nice.

1 comment :

Sara said...

ahhhh! plain weave: so satisfying to weave, eh? :D!