I'm planning to keep track of what I do this year by writing a sentence or two and posting a photo, if possible, every time I do something fibery this year.
Since I had today off, I did lots.
I blocked a dark pink hat I knit from deep-stash wool, because none of my hats go well with my new red-violet early-winter coat.
I'm knitting Glenna C's Cannon Street cardigan in handspun (one strand of black Icelandic, 2 strands of Spunky Eclectic BFL). I just got notice of a correction to the pattern, so I compared what I've knit - the back, both fronts - to the new pattern, and decided eh, I'm not going to bother reknitting the top of the back just for two stitches, at least until sewing the body together or adding the buttonband proves me wrong. I still think there's a k2top/p2top mix-up for the left front, but maybe that's just my confusion; that part of the pattern wasn't changed.
I copied and assembled my weaving homework for tomorrow's monthly Advanced Weaving class, taught by Laurie Autio. This month's homework was to come up with lots of treadling and tie-up variations for a simple 4-shaft, straight-draw threading.
I beamed and started tying on the handspun warp on the 8-shaft Norwood, for a doublewide goose-eye twill blanket. I think this will be an "interesting" warp to weave off, because it is sett so densely; I had two ends snap during the beaming.
And now it's evening and I'm going to start spinning the third of three Enchanted Knoll batts I bought this summer at Fiber Revival. Lovely, lovely fiber, if a bit more sparkly than I really like; I'm planning a gradient two-ply, for a big lace shawl.
Not a bad start to the year at all.