Saturday, January 02, 2016

Day 2

I got bored with spinning last night, so I added a couple of inches to the first sleeve of the Cannon Street cardigan.

Today was my monthly 6-hour Explorations in Advanced Weaving class with Laurie Autio.  We covered 2-block weaves, especially stripes and checks, and, as always, she brought some wonderful examples for us to look at and fondle.



Tomorrow Pat is coming over to hang out, and she wants to learn to weave, so I wound a short 3-yard warp of 8/2 cotton for us to put on my table loom.


A straightforward rosepath threading, so she can play with treadlings.  Warp is now wound and sleyed; then there was a short break for re-arranging heddles on shafts.  Luckily, I discovered the heddle deficit early in the process, so not too much use for all those bad words I've learned in my fiber studies.

No comments :